Apple Profits Surge 77% on Record Sales of 4.1M Macs, 16.2M iPhones, 7.3M iPads
SOURCES: iLounge, iPhoneHacks, Macworld, Boy Genius Report, Ars Technica, SoftPedia, World of Apple, Pad Gadget, Redmond Pie, Gizmodo, AppleInsider, The Loop, Geek.com, AppleTell, Edible Apple, MacGasm, Electronista.
As reported in numerous Apple news websites and blogs throughout the internet, Apple’s just-announced quarterly report is in short … stellar. A record quarterly profit was established, and with the onslaught of upcoming products in the pipeline, the Apple machine shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.
[iLounge] Reporting its first quarter financial results today, Apple said it sold 19.45 million iPods during the holiday quarter – a seven percent decrease compared to the same quarter last year. Despite the drop in unit sales, revenue from iPod sales actually increased one percent year-over-year, to $3.425 billion.
[iPhoneHacks] Apple has posted record revenue of $26.74 billion and record net quarterly profit of $6 billion, or $6.43 per diluted share for its fiscal 2011 first quarter ended December 25, 2010.
[Macworld] An extremely “merry” holiday season helped Apple kick-off its 2011 fiscal year with an outstanding first quarter which literally “blew away” Wall Street expectations.
[Boy Genius Report] The Cupertino-based technology firm sold a record 16.24 million iPhones, 7.33 million iPads, 4.13 million Macs, and 19.45 million iPods.
Click here to read the official Apple press release.
- News: Apple Q1 2011: 19.45 Million iPods, 16.24 Million iPhones, 7.33 Million iPads (iLounge)
- Apple Sells Record iPhone, iPad & Mac in 2011 Q1 (iPhoneHacks)
- Holiday Sales Help Apple Start the Fiscal Year in Style (Macworld)
- Apple Posts Record Q1 Results; 16.2 Million iPhones, 7.3 Million iPads, $26.7 Billion in Revenue (Boy Genius Report)
- Record Sales Spur Apple to $26.74 Billion in 1Q FY2011 Revenues (Ars Technica)
- Apple Q1 2011 Results – Highest Revenue and Earnings Ever (SoftPedia)
- Apple Posts Record $26.7 Billion in Revenue During First Quarter 2011 (World of Apple)
- Apple Posts Record Revenue – Sells 7.33 Million iPads Last Quarter (Pad Gadget)
- Apple Sold 16.24 Million iPhones, 7.33 Million iPads, 19.45 Million iPods and Made $26.74 Billion Revenue [Q1 2011 Results] (Redmond Pie)
- Apple Sells a Crazy 7 Million iPads During the Holidays for Record Earnings [Apple] (Gizmodo)
- Apple Profits Surge 77% on Record Sales of 4.1M Macs, 16.2M iPhones, 7.3M iPads (AppleInsider)
- Apple Reports $6 Billion Profit on Strong Mac, iPad, iPhone Sales (The Loop)
- Apple Posts Record Revenue of $26.74 Billion (Geek.com)
- Apple Revenue Grows by 71% in Q1 2011 (AppleTell)
- Apple Profits Soar 77% on Sales of 4+ Million Macs and 16.24 Million iPhones (Edible Apple)
- Apple Announces Q1 2011 Results (MacGasm)
- Apple Jumps 70 Percent to $26.74 Billion in Q1 Revenue (Electronista)
- Apple’s Earnings Insanely Great (Digital Daily)
- Apple Posts Record Revenue, Earnings for Q1 2011 (CNET)
- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110119/ap_on_hi_te/us_earns_apple“>Apple 1Q Dazzles Investors, Distracts From Jobs (AP) (Yahoo)
- Apple Reports Record-breaking Revenues and Profits (Mercury News)
- Apple Earnings Call, Cook Calls Android Tablets “Bizarre” (WebProNews)
- Apple Reports Record 1Q 2011: $6 Billion Profit on $26.74 Billion in Revenue (MacRumors)
- News: Live Blog: Apple’s Q1 2011 Financials Conference Call (iLounge)
- Apple COO Tim Cook on Android, Verizon, and More (Macworld)
- Apple: Next Up, FYQ1 (Tech Trader Daily)
- Apple Beats Street Estimates; 16M iPhones, 7M iPads Sold in Q1 (TUAW)
- Apple: FYQ1 Crushes Estimates; 16M iPhones, 7M iPads; $59.7B Cash, Securities; Shares Rise 4% (Tech Trader Daily)
- Apple Reports First Quarter Results (SlashGear)
- Apple Q1 2011 Financial Results – $26.74 Billion Revenue, 7.33 Million iPads Sold (Mac Stories)
- Apple Posts Record Revenues, Profits (Mac Blorge)
- Updated: Apple’s Q1 Sales: $26.74 Billion; ‘We’re Doing Our Best Work Ever’ (mocoNews)